Sunday, October 13, 2013

Working at What I Do


Designers of surface art and repeating patterns are kinda like writers; we sit in front of a computer for countless hours. We can't sell what we do until it's out of our heads and made manifest.

As a working graphic designer, I spent a large percentage of my time creating patterns for others. In the last month, I've designed patterns for Walmart, Dick's Sporting Goods, an African duvet manufacturer, an Australian bed linen manufacturer, a kitchen goods company, and a needlepoint company.

For all of this work I am uncredited, but consider myself lucky to be making a sort of living from what I LOVE doing. And I'm helping others get where they want to be.

My plan is to stay seated in front of this computer for countless more hours until I get where I want to be as a designer.



No comments:

Post a Comment